Friday, May 10, 2013

Franchisee Spotlight: Chris Procell


Chris Procell and his father, Melvin Procell, are spearheading the growth of Lenny’s Sub Shop throughout Louisiana, with the brand’s first location in the state opening in Shreveport in June of 2011. The father/son team is planning an aggressive growth strategy of multiple locations expanding across north Louisiana over the next decade. A recent law school graduate, Chris Procell chose to go into the restaurant industry, where he will be working alongside his employees making sandwiches for his customers, because he wants to bring Lenny’s great sub options to Louisiana.

Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
I graduated from the Mississippi College School of Law in 2010 and just recently passed the Louisiana Bar Exam. I sparked interest in the franchise business while in school and thought that north Louisiana needed a Lenny’s.

How did you learn about the brand?
When I was in law school I was introduced to the brand at the location in Jackson, Miss. I loved their food and I always felt like it was a great, young, family brand. When I moved back to Louisiana I wished there was a Lenny’s around for me to enjoy.

Why is this brand and a franchise system the right fit for you?
We are looking forward to the opportunity to bring a new brand to the area.  We slice our meats and cheeses fresh to order and pile them high on fresh baked bread. With about a half pound of meat and cheese on the regular size sub, and about a full pound on the large size sub, Lenny's provides an unmatched value for our guests' hard earned dollars. Our Philly Cheesesteak is cooked fresh to order and is served hot off the grill.

What are your future goals? Development plans?
My father and I have the goal to open ten stores over the next 10 years. We’re going to start with our first store in Shreveport, which is on the west end of our territory, and then will work our way east. Our second store will most likely be in Bossier. We want to open other locations in Natchitoches, Minden, Ruston, Monroe and West Monroe throughout the next decade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment