Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Behind the Line at Lenny’s Sub Shop: We Love to Make People Smile

Not everyone can say they love their job, but I can. My name is Andrea and I’ve been a team member at Lenny’s Sub Shop® in Memphis since our restaurant opened almost a year and a half ago. Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work in a restaurant that specializes in serving sub sandwiches in a way that strives to make someone’s day? Well, read on and I’ll fill you in.

I challenge myself to work tirelessly to ensure every guest has the perfect meal. You know the drill—you bend over backwards, paying attention to even the smallest detail to make a sandwich exactly how someone wants it. It doesn’t matter if you think a request is ridiculous—you’re not the one eating the sandwich. You just want to make sure your guest is happy.

Well, that’s what I do everyday! From the time I open My Lenny’s with our general manager, to setting up the counter with the appropriate marketing materials, to assembling that last sandwich of the day, I keep our guests in mind. We’ve built some pretty solid relationships with many of our every day customers. So much so that when we see some of our regulars pull up in their cars, we start assembling their sandwiches so they can walk right up to the counter and pay. Talk about serving up a “Wow” factor! Our guests love it when we pay special attention to them. And if someone wants to mix it up, we’ll create whatever sandwich they want as long we have the ingredients.

I believe that what goes around comes around. When customers leave here happy, they come back again and again and that makes my job fun. It’s the friendships I’ve developed with my co-workers and customers that keep me coming back for more, and that type of atmosphere is contagious. Our guests tell us they repeatedly return not only for the good food, but also for the good company.

Oh, did I mention I love to eat at Lenny’s, as well? The French Dip to be exact. I started off as a customer and now I’m a full-time employee. I’m even here on my days off. I guess that gives new meaning to the phrase, you are what you eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment