Thursday, May 19, 2011

Franchisee Profile: Jim Hill, franchisee of Olive Branch, MS

Franchisee Since: 2004
Location: Olive Branch, MS

Before Franchising, what were you involved with?
Before I signed on with Lenny’s, I had retired from another company. When I retired I started looking for something else to do and that’s when I decided to go into the restaurant business.

How did you learn about the brand?
I spent about 18 months to two years researching what I wanted to do. I researched different businesses available and franchising seemed to be a good way to go if you want to start your own business. Food has always been a big part of my life. I like to cook a lot, and my feeling is that people are going to continue to eat in good times or bad. Lenny’s was still pretty small when I bought my store, but I ate at the restaurant a few times and talked to a few people and ended up deciding to buy an existing store.

Why is this brand and a franchise system the right fit for you?
In the past I was involved in much larger operations, so running a business has come naturally to me. Being in this kind of business has made me tap into a part of my personality where I can be social and know everyone by their first name and have a one-on-one interaction with my customers. The interactivity of the brand is something that made this a good fit for me.

What are your future goals? Development plans?
I’m keeping my eyes peeled for opportunities. I want to make sure the economy is right before I do anything, but I’m hoping everything falls into place so that I can open a new store by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment