Friday, April 26, 2013

Franchisee Spotlight: Anand Patel


Before becoming a part of the Lenny’s Sub Shop franchise Anand Patel had an extensive career in hotel management. Patel received his hospitality and management degree from Collins School of Hospitality in Pomona, California. After graduating, Patel moved to Atlanta and operated a Country Inn & Suites for two years as the general manager. He then moved to Franklin, Tennessee and took over his father’s hotel company running the operations for 10 hotels in the Nashville area which he continues to do today.

Why did you choose an opportunity with Lenny’s?
I was familiar with Lenny’s because there is a location next to one of our hotels in Memphis. We used to do about $30,000 worth of catering every two years and they came up on my radar a lot. I saw Lenny’s available in Franklin, my home, and decided it was worth looking into. Just from my experiences with Lenny’s I knew it was a great opportunity.  I knew that I would be able to develop the business in this area as well.

What makes your business unique in the community?
We strive to make every experience unique and take our service to the next level. There is a lot of competition in the area, so we really have to stand out with the service and how we treat our customers.

Are you involved with any charities or do any community outreach with your business?
We have done a number of fundraisers for brain tumor foundations.  My daughter has a brain tumor and this cause really hits close to home. It’s just a way that we are able to give back and we’re fortunate to have this opportunity to help.

What are your expansion or development plans? What is your end goal with Lenny’s?
We currently own three locations and we've seen 28% sales increases since purchasing. Ideally, we would like to develop further into downtown Nashville.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies or passions?
I’m a huge Tennessee sports fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment